Former A.R.C.M.Girls’ Middle Schools
Former A.R.C.M.Girls’ Middle Schools
In 1845, the American Reformed Mission founded the first primary school (a literacy class) in Xiamen's Liaozihou, and then opened “Amoy Women's College” in 1847. After a fire in 1880, the school was relocated to Tianwei and renamed “Tianwei Women's College”, or “Huaqi Women’s School”. Two classes were later added, making it a middle school, and it was renamed “Yude” in 1921. The first president was E. M. Talmage.