Former Yanping Complex
Former Yanping Complex
Yanping Theater was built by the Burmese Chinese brothers, Wang Ziru and Wang Qihua. Between 1928 and 1931, they purchased land and built the “Kulangsu Market”. The brothers later built a theatre & cinema in the market’s upstairs and named it “Yanping Theatre”. Dramas and both  Chinese and foreign films were shown several times a day.