Former Boyd & Co Warehouse
Former Boyd & Co Warehouse
Shortly after Xiamen opened as a Treaty Port, five foreign firms entered the city. The seaside site known as “Bala Cave” in Kulangsu's San Koo Chay was the site of Syme, Muir & Co.’s warehouse, which was built during 1840-1850s, the same as the firm’s port facilities.  In 1867, Syme, Muir & Co.’s warehouse was taken over by English businessman Boyd and was renamed Boyd& Co.