Former Residences of Amoy Deputy Commissioner of Customs
Former Residences of Amoy Deputy Commissioner of Customs
Also named the Hillside House, this British-designed dwelling built in the 1860s is one of Kulangsu’s earliest buildings. Hillcrest was purchased in December 1865 and Hillview, also known as “Big Deputy’s Building”, was purchased in 1870. Both buildings were badly damaged in the typhoon of 1917 and rebuilt bewteen 1923 to 1924.