Former Meng Preschool
Former Meng Preschool
Former Meng Preschool, also named Wu Tianding’s Mansion, was established towards the end of the 19th century. In 1898, James Sadler, a minister from the English Presbyterian Mission, founded in this building a school known as the “Chinese-Western School”. He then, in cooperation with the Presbyterian Church, renamed the school as the “Anglo-Chinese College,” In 1902, the college moved to what is now the Xiamen #2 Middle School, and changed its name to “Anglo Middle School”, the predecessor of Xiamen #2 Middle School.