Sanqiutian Jetty
Sanqiutian Jetty
Most Kulangsu jetties were built of stone. The San Koo Chay Jetty, one of the first on Kulangsu, was built before 1840.  Most early residents lived on the northwestern area of Kulangsu and the San Koo Chay Jetty was their link to the outside world. This jetty later became Kulangsu’s important goods distribution center. “San Koo Chay” was the area’s name.  After the operation of new jetties began in 1985, the old jetty gradually fell into disuse.