Anxian Hall(Seventh Day Adventist Church)
Anxian Hall(Seventh Day Adventist Church)
The American Seventh-day Adventist missionary, B. L. Anderson, came to Kulangsu in 1906. He bought a large tract of land in “Wugepai” to build a school and set up farms and dairies to provide work-study programs for students. Anderson used the profits from farms and dairies, and funds donated by Americans in the late 20’s, to buy land on Jishan road, where in 1934 he built a three-storey granite “Girls’ school”. In memory of Anderson, the building is also named “Anxian Hall”.